If your agency uses the CARMIS Room Manager / Housing module, this article will provide instructions for moving tenants in/out of rooms. If your agency does not use the Housing module, or if the client is not currently a tenant, then please instead see How to update the address of a client.
- Your account/agency will need to have the Room Manager / Housing module enabled.
Via a regular client address update using the Clients (28) form.
- This would mostly follow the same steps as the following guide: How to update the address of a client.
- At the stage where you enter address details, you would select "New Address", then enter the move date, room number, and building.
- Via the Rooms Dashboard (described below)
Move-ins/Move-outs Via Rooms DashboardStep 1: The first step in this method is to navigate to the Room Manager > Rooms Dashboard (187) form.
Step 2: You will notice the dashboard contains a table displaying all rooms.
Navigate to the room that you would like to perform the move-in or move-out for, then click on either the move-in or move-out button from the right side of the row.
- If this is a move-in, click Search to begin the process of selecting which tenant to move in.
- Using the top set of fields, enter your search criteria, then click the "Search" button near the bottom to perform the search.
- You should now be viewing the client that you would like to move in to the room, and you should see "Inquiring Record" near the top.
- For move-ins: Move Date will be the only editable field.
- For move-outs: Move Date will be editable, and a new address can be optionally entered.
- A single move-in or move-out operation will move all members of a family file at once.